Saturday, August 1, 2020

I Sewed Something!

Here's proof


And it only required unsewing 4 seams!

Do you remember the Family Circus cartoons?  My favorites are the ones where a dotted line follows Jeffy's circuitous route from point A to point B.  That's me in my studio.  Here's what happened ...

I decided to get the solids out of a drawer and up on the shelf on the other side of the fabric/cutting room where I might be inspired to use them.  


But I had to move a box full of yellow and gray fabrics that were intended for a new king-size quilt for our bed.  Which got me wondering how far I had gotten on those blocks that I started in August 2018.  (Forty out of 100, if anyone is counting.)


As I did that, I noticed a PIG (project in a grocery sack) on the floor at the end of the counter and thought "that project needs to be in a box with the others."  


So I went into the sewing room to get an empty box out of the closet ...

 
... where I spied a UFO that I had forgotten about (along with about a dozen others that I tried to ignore yet again).  It is a Little Bits paper-pieced star -- actually two different sizes of them -- that I know I will never get around to.


SO I returned to the fabric room to reshelve that fabric which consisted of mostly 19th century reproductions that included a bunch of shirting FQs. 


Then I remembered I had put a note in Harriet's Legacy box that it needed more backgrounds.  


So I pulled out that box and decided that might be a good project to work on at the next retreat, especially if I were to kit up some blocks that wouldn't require a lot of thought ...

After cutting four blocks, I made a test block to make sure I had the right pieces and the result is what you see at the beginning of this post.

That's the way it works around here.

6 comments:

  1. I have had days like that....sidetracks taking you off the main route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how it works in my sewing room on many days - except I've probably never kept track of it as well as you did! P.S. That's a neat block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds about right to me - you mean that's not how it's supposed to work?
    Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL!! You are SEW funny, Libby! Some days are just like that in my studio, too. About that stack of solids... Gayle and Cathy would probably recommend that you simply succumb to PSP20!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days I need to put blinders on when I go into my Hidey Hole. :) Too many fun things for us to play with in our creative spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I understand precisely the situation you describe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.