Sunday, January 3, 2021

Drifting

 I just realized I went for two weeks without posting in December.  I wasn't in any exotic location like last January.  Apparently I've been suffering from what my Medicare Healthpath bulletin calls the "Winter Blues."  Just couldn't get my rear in gear for anything. To the point I was ready to give up quilting -- now THAT's serious!

So, what did you miss?  A couple of beautiful sunsets ...

... a couple of beautiful sunrises ...

... the Christmas Star ...

... a White Christmas, here and in Asheville, NC where we spent three days after Christmas ... 

... another  beautiful sunset on 12/29 ...

... followed by this setting moon the following morning.


And here is my current view from the kitchen.  

We had a roof leak around the fireplace in the family room and now that the roof has been replaced we are able to repair the drywall inside.  Since that wall will need to be painted, I'm going with a "lively tan" as my mother would call it (taupe) to lighten things up in there.

I finished my next-to-last Christmas gift today (going in the mail tomorrow morning) and will quilt the table runner gifted to DIL-1 before Thanksgiving tomorrow.  One last package to go to New York next week and Christmas will be over here in The Glade.

Welcome to 2021!


5 comments:

  1. I totally "get" where you are coming from, Libby--I've had those moments (or weeks) too. With all that is going on in our world today it's no wonder we get frozen in space--unable to do even our most beloved crafts!
    Hopefully that page has turned now that it is a new year and a vaccine is on the horizon for us all...
    hugs Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understandable that you've been feeling adrift lately, after the year that 2020 has been. I hope you get your mojo back soon. Good luck with your family room repairs and renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not have been in an exotic location, but you definitely have some beautiful views! Is it unusual to get snow in Tennessee and NC? I've always lived in northern climates, although Colorado generally has very mild winters. Hope the roof and drywall problems were quickly fixed and you can move on into 2021 with your house all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give up quilting?!?! That's CRAZY talk, Libby!!! SEW glad to hear that you are back at your machine and finishing off those Christmas gifts. Whew! That was a close one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your posts....and as you can see, I'm delinquent in blog-reading (and comenting). Loved your photos! Hope your home repairs are completed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.