Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Let There Be Light

 What a difference a little reno will do!

I couldn't find a single clear photo of the dark burgundy walls in our family room, so you'll just have to look past the plastic wall to get a feel for what it used to look like.

We have had red walls in previous houses, but they were accent walls in an entry area, not a whole room.  With the dark cherry cabinets in the adjoining kitchen, I have always felt the burgundy walls were a little "heavy." So I'm using the current remediation on the fireplace wall to update/lighten the color.

First the contractors had to remove all the moldy/rotten wood and insulation resulting from the who-knows-how-many years of leaking ...

.. then they reconstructed the framing and added drywall.


Today they applied a primer coat to the whole room and the difference is amazing!

I am looking forward to how Bungalow Beige is going to lighten and mellow the family room.



4 comments:

  1. They covered that burgundy in ONE coat??? That's some kind of good primer they used, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I thought your house was newish -- at least new enough that such rot/mold wouldn't be at that stage. But, heck, you're getting the walls painted!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.