Monday, January 18, 2021

Stay at Home Round Robin

 I have decided to jump in on the SAHRR hosted by Gail at Quilting Gail.  

Unlike a traditional round robin where your initial block is passed on to a succession of people who each add a round, this round robin will never leave the house but a different person will suggest the next round each week.  The "rules" are very loose and you can be confident that the end product will be up to your own standards 😉.

I took the easy route and pulled an orphan block out of my crowded orphanage.


When the AQS show was in Nashville (early 2000s), I participated in a "booth hop" where I visited the 12 designated booths and picked up a kit for a block.  All the shops used the same fabric line, but some used different colorways and some had erroneous instructions.  So in the end I had 12 blocks that didn't fit well together.  I must have used 8 of them somewhere else because I only have 4 left.

This week's instructions came from Chris at Chrisknitssews.  She recommends the first round be piano keys, so I spent this morning choosing my fabrics and making my first two sections.  Check back at the end of this week to see how I do.



3 comments:

  1. The SAHRR sounds like fun and you are off to a great start. Marlene marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pretty Orphan block is a perfect jumping off point for your SAHRR project, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read all your recent posts, Libby. Loved the flocking robins and that new colour that is neutral but warm. I liked it too. Lots of fun on your trip away and this SAHRR project too. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.