Thursday, January 28, 2021

Friday Finish - SAHRR Round 2

 Has it really been a week since my last post?  

I have to admit I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  Can't seem to focus and days pass without even going downstairs to the sewing room.  But the Stay-at-Home Round Robin has at least given me some inspiration.

I was never totally thrilled with the overlapping piano keys at the corners of my initial block ...

... so when Emily at Darling Dogwood used the Round 2 plus-sign blocks for her corners, I interpreted that as permission to do the same!

I shortened the piano keys before adding the corners so that this doesn't become a huge bed-size quilt!

But I couldn't stop there!  I had a choice of four orphan blocks from this set when I started the SAHRR and in the back of my mind I wondered if I could possibly group these into one quilt.  Block two now has round one.  I made these piano keys more like checkerboard squares ...

Even though the orphan block fabrics are all from the same fabric line, the. colorways are different in each block so I question if they will work together.  If I had been planning ahead, I would have done these as placemats.  Lesson learned.

Linking up with Emily at Darling Dogwood to report in on this week's progress.





7 comments:

  1. Both of these look great. I love the colors in the first one, those soft browns and teals - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect solution for those corners you weren't happy with, Libby! I like your pretty colors, too. The smaller, wider piano keys on your second block are a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your change to the first round robin. Both of these are going to make great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A second SAHRR??? Nice job on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful and I just love your choices of colors! They are great! Have a safe and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, two quilts! I love that you took my plus signs as permission to do the same--absolutely!!!!! Make it work for you. I love what you have so far and what great uses for orphan blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.