Thursday, June 5, 2014

More Treasures

More treasures have been uncovered in my Adventures in Cleaning.

Diamond Jubilee (Diana McClun and Laura Nownes pattern) sample for a class I no longer teach.  Just needs a final border to become a "real" quilt top.

Diamond Jubilee

Pretty red batik with multi-color dragons.  As I looked at it I realized that if I cut it on the diagonal I can isolate all the dragons.

Dragon Batik

These Outside the Box blocks (pattern by A Quilter's Dream) were remnants from a wedding quilt I made for my one-and-only niece.  They were sewn in a row of 4, must have come off the quilt at the last minute.  I took out one seam, rearranged, and now with a border it will make a nice lap quilt.

 
Outside the Box

I bit the bullet at Habitat Re-Store yesterday and invested in new/old cabinets for my layout table.  They came out of a pediatrician's office and they are a lot more solid than any of those assembly-required options from the big box stores.  I could only get 4 in my van; returning today for at least one more plus the cubby tower.  Now to get downstairs and start loading up all those drawers.

Pictures tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.