Friday, June 5, 2015

Biding My Time

... till Showtime!

I was so whipped after the long drive yesterday that I couldn't remember the name of the shop here in Princeton, IL.


Stopped back by this morning and picked up a few gray fat quarters to go into Twist of Lime.

Read on the guild's Facebook page that today is a sew day so I took a chance and stopped by the church to see if I could unload my stuff for tonight and tomorrow.  I didn't want to have to unload in my new white pants (talk about a fashion mistake!)  With luck, several of the girls were there and they made me feel welcome and more relaxed.

Since it's the Covered Bridge Quilters Guild, I felt required to go check out their namesake.

Red Covered Bridge, Princeton, IL
I got a chuckle out of the sign:


It says, "Five dollars fine for driving more than 12 horses, mules, or cattle at one time or for leading any beast faster than a walk on or across this bridge."

I drove over it with no problem.

Resting at the hotel and doing a bit of last-minute rehearsal for the next two day's classes.


1 comment:

  1. It looks really pretty there. Hope your classes go great Libby!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.