Friday, December 1, 2017

What Would You Do?

If your kitchen looked like this:

Kitchen 12/1/17
Right now I'm blessing Bonnie Hunter for providing a diversion!


While the kitchen was unavailable (and pretty much still is), I retreated to the basement and cut a big stack of geese and a smaller stack of sky.  Since I made my 9Ps "coordinated," I am making the geese in groups of 4, anticipating that they could be used in one of these combos.  I am really loving the Southwest look of these colors!

Before I rant, please know that we are very pleased with the painters -- actually, all the small contractors we've had -- but the upheaval is starting to get to me.  When the painters left yesterday, all they were going to do in the kitchen was work on the cabinets.  No, we didn't need to clean them; no, we didn't need to move furniture.  However, this morning they decided to just go ahead and do the whole kitchen -- ceiling, walls, and woodwork.

Once I got over the stress of having to move the furniture (which exposed 9 years of an embarrassing accumulation of dust), I decided having it completely done would allow us to have at least one room back to normal.  But it won't be finished until Tuesday so guess who's eating out tonight?

The guest bedroom and bathroom are finished.  We'll restage that furniture tomorrow and start clearing out the other upstairs bedroom.  The new exterior door for the former Queen Mother Suite is here and should be installed on Monday/Tuesday when we are expecting a couple of warm days (except I just heard it's supposed to rain) 😒

The good news is the kitchen is now usable -- not that I want to.


At least the coffee maker is back in its normal position, all set for the morning.


7 comments:

  1. Hi, Libby! I've been enjoying your remodeling/updating posts. Glad you're finding a little stitching time for your sanity here and there! I notice a strategically placed glass of wine in that last photo. That could help, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that the counter is being used to hold a much need glass of wine!! Nice speculation with those Bonnie blocks. Such mysterious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would drink wine, eat pizza! Just think how nice it will look once it's all done, and in the meantime you are getting plenty of sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you've got coffee available, you can weather anything. Well, wine would work, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Gayle's comment, as long as you can get coffee, everything else is manageable. Sounds like they've made a lot of progress and you won't have much more upheaval to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my kitchen looked like that, I'd be smiling (even while feeling stressed) as I'd know that the project that's been on hold for over 5-years was finally underway. At this point, the prospect of moving forward is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Great Post! Such a useful information. You are helping many with your post. Keep up the good work.
    Click Here : farm tractors for sale 385 85HP 4X4

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.