Saturday, June 30, 2018

Catching up


We're back at House 1 for the weekend events leading up to GS-2's wedding in August.  No stitching came with me so I thought I'd catch you up on a few things now that all my pictures have come unstuck from the cloud.

First the wall hanging in the living room.


The center is a panel; I don't recall the pattern name for the setting.
The photographer is crooked, not the quilt.

As if I don't have enough quilts of my own,
I put a pair of my mother-in-law's Iris quilts in the "purple" guest room
(even the shower stall and toilet are periwinkle).


They were made from kits in the 1960s.  She did beautiful stitching. 
 The frames laying on each bed hold two of MILs water color paintings of flowers --
 one is peony and the other is rhododendron, 
very appropriate considering the plants in our garden.

Speaking of the garden, look what survived the deer attack ...



I'm afraid of what I will find when I return, though, 
since DH forgot to remind the HVAC guys to close the gates after installing the AC unit.

And in the sewing room, all the blocks have been trimmed and
 are on the wall waiting to be artfully rearranged before assembly.

Five and Dime from Loose Change
No, that's not a black and white photo; the fabrics are all shades of gray and cream.  

I just realized that today is the last day of the month 
and I have made no more progress on the turquoise RSC Loosey Goosey column.

Loosey Goosey


7 comments:

  1. How nice to have your MIL’s quilts in your guest room. They are gorgeous and look like they were made for that room. Your loosely goose blocks are looking great all in a row. And I LOVE the gray Five and Dime quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your MIL's quilts are very pretty. It's nice that you've found a good place to use them. Hopefully you'll be back in the sewing room regularly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple guest room looks like the perfect spot for your MIL's quilts! That's a lovely way to use her handiwork. I like the gray and cream blocks - is that for the wedding gift?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The iris quilts are lovely. I have a pansy quilt from that time period, also a kit (made by my mother). I had the second bedroom painted "hosta flower" (purple) to show off that quilt. (Since 2009 it's been DH's bedroom, still the same color but different bed/different quilt.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Iris quilts are amazing. Beautiful and memories. What can be better?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEW happy to see that things are coming together at The Glade!! Don't worry about your lack of RSC progress. You still got WAY more done than I did!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.