Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Devo and Sew

Quilt Top Parade

The group I am now sewing with here on the Plateau (someday I'll explain Tennessee's topography) keeps a supply of "encouragement" quilts on hand for when there is a need.

So last month I provided a little more encouragement by donating a bunch of quilt tops that I knew I would never get around to quilting.  Many of them were scrap quilts intentionally made to give away; others were projects that, frankly, didn't suit my taste once they were completed but will certainly warm someone's spirit when quilted and donated.

In no particular order, I will try to provide pattern names where applicable. (Note: photo heavy and unedited)

Disappearing 4-Patch

QOV Mystery A6 - Big Star Country
pattern by Alycia/Quiltygirl

Waffle Town - Honeycomb Waffle pattern by Sara Nephew
Lavender and Lime made with Mary's Triangles

Poppies - 4-Patch Posies in an original setting

60 Degrees of Separation
Original design interpretation of a quilt I saw in a shop
Bargello with a Twist by Maggie Ball 

Wink and a Smile

Tropical Trellis - original design, guild color wheel challenge

Soup or Salad? - One Block Wonder

Diamond Jubilee II - pattern by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes

-
Grand Mess  - main blocks from Bonnie Hunter's "Grand Illusion"
Athena orange
pattern by Janine Burke/Blue Underground Studios

Summer Heat - paper-pieced pattern by Nancy Mahoney

Burgundy and Brie - One Block Wonder
Scrappy Rails - RSC16 multicolor

Athena Blue


7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful quilt tops that will certainly bring a smile and a quilty hug to someone. How nice that you donated them... both for them and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, those tops are so pretty - it's hard to imagine you can give them up! But I do understand about having too many that you know you'll never finish. They'll bring encouragement and comfort where needed and will be much appreciated, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lot of tops! It sounds like donating them is a great way to do something nice and clear the decks a bit at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Those quilt tops are wonderful. There will be some VERY lucky people when they are finished and donated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was a lot of beauty! There will be some happy recipients, and what a way to cut down your UFO list! Sharon B in Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'll bet your new group is jumping up and down with sheer joy - what a heapin' helpin' of encouragement you've donated!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.