Sunday, June 3, 2018

New Month, New Color

Not quite green, not quite blue

I am slowly catching up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018.   I have two RSC projects in the works this year:  Loosey Goosey and Squared Away Sampler.

January/Blue - Done - Piece of cake!
February/Purple - Done - but then we started moving
March/Green - Done - and then I broke my ankle
April /Yellow -  Sampler block finished in April, Loosey Goosey column finally finished in May
May/Pink - Sampler block finished in May (barely), LG column finished today

Loosey Goosey in progress
I have no idea how I will set these.  The columns are 6" wide (sort of, sometimes) and there could be as many as 11 columns, maybe just 10 (not sure if I'll do the dark neutral/black month).  They are not exactly coming out the same length, mostly due to the fact I've worked on several different machines so I may consider a vertical sashing of some kind.  And since I was not consistent in the first few months as to which side I started with, I am now trying to do half and half.

June's color is Teal/Turquoise - that color that falls between blue and green, too green to be blue yet too blue to be green.  As evident in the above photo, these geese joined the flight; 27 are still standing by waiting to join in between other tasks (i.e., leaders/enders).


... and I quickly whipped out the sampler block yesterday.


Here's the whole group to date ...

Squared Away Sampler blocks to date
I also found time last week to complete Wayward Transparency mini from the class I took with Yvonne/Quilting Jetgirl back in April.

Wayward Transparency
The fabric  colors are much pinker than the photo shows.


I think my darkest fabric should have been a shade or two lighter, but it was mainly a learning exercise for me so overall I am pleased.

AND in between geese this morning I prepared the binding for last year's pink RSC project, Watermelon Ohio Stars.

Binding for Watermelon Stars
Not bad for someone who's hardly sewn a stitch in the last two months, even if I do say so, myself!  (and I will)

So, in celebration, I am linking with Cynthia/Quilting is More Fun than Housework.

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Loosey Goosey is really coming along, and I love your Squared Away block, too. And binding for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone has a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To have moved and still have that much done just adds up to amazing to me, Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To get anything at all done while in the midst of moving is a miracle!
    I love your goosies, and a strippy sashy setting will be wonderful! Bonus points for it covering any slight discrepancies in the piecing!
    I need to get my sampler back on track - I think I'm three for six at this point...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you MIGHT be happy to be reunited with your sewing machine, Libby! :o))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.