Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Off to Retreat


I haven't seen most of the S'mores since May, if not earlier.  So sad that some of us will not be here this time.  Distance, physical limitations, spouses with limitations -- it's what happens as we age.  It just makes me even more grateful when I can get together with these beloved friends.

True to my plan, before I even plugged in my machine I set about trimming the three quilts that I picked up on the way here.

Surf and Sand has been a flimsy for quite a few years, so long that I don't remember the teacher or the book it came from.  (I really need to keep better records!)

Surf and Sand
My LAQ chose a wavy pantograph for the quilting called Ebb and Flow.


The next two wall hangings are Christmas gifts for my SIL who requested "seasonal" things for her mountain cabin.  Both are from the Kaufman "Sound of the Woods" collections.

Winter in the Woods


My LAQ did a snowflake pantograph in the body and swirls in the light inner border.

Autumn in the Woods


This one has Indian Summer panto in the body and Acorns in the brown inner border.

Two of the bindings were made and applied before going to bed last night.  Third binding is first on the agenda today. I'll save the hand stitching for TV time at home.

We had major storms come through our area last night but no serious damage here at camp.  I hope things are calm where you are.



  

5 comments:

  1. Surf and Sand is beautiful, Libby! I love the color placement that gives it such dimension. Looks like you have lots of binding time in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ebb and Flow was the perfect pantograph for a quilt named Surf and Sand! It's really neat -- I love the eye illusion it gives off!! Have a blast retreating -- glad no storm damage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your LAQer did a beautiful job! These are wonderful seasonal hangings. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy all that retreating!
    We just had rain here. And more rain and then a bit more rain. And then, you know, more rain...
    I'm starting to look like a prune...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Libby, I just want you to know I’ve been reading along with all your posts, but have had the worst time trying to comment. It still doesn’t recognize me even though I’m signed in to Google and Blogger. So I’m commenting this way. Your quilts are beautiful; your quilter (or was it you?) did a great job of selecting pants patterns! Hope you’re having fun at retreat! xo, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.