Monday, April 8, 2019

Angela Made Me Do It!

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Aqua

When Angela/soscrappy announced the color for April is aqua, I went searching in my blue scrap bin -- very little.  I checked my shelves of folded yardage -- nada.  I wanted something that clearly said "I am AQUA," not blue-green, not green-blue, not grayed down to boring-dom.

Nothing to do but go shopping!

Aqua fat quarters
I find that I really LOVE aqua.  There will probably an aqua quilt in the near future, as soon as I find the perfect background.

8 comments:

  1. Umm, Libby??? I think you missed the point of the Rainbow SCRAP Challenge!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - buying fabrics for the RSC! But if you make a quilt with them (sure to be lovely in your hands), you’ll have bona fide scraps next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I get it... I don't have much aqua in the stash...I scraped together enough for the snowball blocks so far, but had to leave scraps and go to stash, and even then... well... I have turquoise but it's bluer.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I broke down and bought more aqua, too. (But just half yards.) I used up a lot of the bigger pieces in that color range when I made On Ringo Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your purchases, makes me want to check my stash out, and make something too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have a lot of aqua but over the years the supply has dwindled - I found enough but I really will need to restock aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could use some of my aqua scraps. I have LOTS! It's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You chose some really pretty aqua prints! Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.