Friday, April 12, 2019

Week in Review

Progress!

I was doing so well keeping up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Tiny Tuesday blocks.  My plan was to make two blocks each week; one as designed, and one in reverse values.  And I was pretty much on target through February.  The March's blocks weren't exactly my cup of tea and before I knew it April is upon us and I am SO far behind.

I finally caught up with the February Lemon Peel block while waiting for DH at the retina doctor last month.


BUT, I trimmed it too much and the sashing is too close (or on top of it, if you want to be precise).

I did the first green blocks in yellow by mistake, wasn't happy with my wonky log cabin, made the owl in aqua, and skipped the umbrella altogether.  So much for March!  I do have some tiny green blocks to supplement my collection, so all is not lost.

I have spent the last few days adding the sashing to my TT blocks.  It's fun to see them all together on the wall.


Those with light backgrounds are getting dark gray Grunge; those with dark backgrounds are getting light gray Grunge.  Problem is, I'm out of light gray and a trip to the LQS today was fruitless.  Whittle's to the rescue.

I managed to get the little owl sashed.  Two more blocks have joined my RSC Double Shot project.  And a colorful churn dash completes last year's RSC sampler.


I also made the first of two Courthouse Steps in aqua today.

Courthouse Steps
Those tiny 1-inch strips are a true test of one's quarter-inch seam!

I'm going to try to link up with Angela/soscrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday.  She's having trouble with her linky program so I'm not sure if I'll be successful.



11 comments:

  1. Your TT blocks look AWESOME in AQUA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tiny Tuesday blocks on the design wall are so much fun! And the light gray/dark gray sashing is a great idea, too. I'm glad you're feeling a little more caught up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tiny Tuesday blocks look great all sashed in the gray. You know I love your aqua blocks! The little owl just makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the courthouse steps block done with aqua in each "log". I may have to do another, but I am getting low on some hues of this color. It is a favorite though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhhh so cute! Love the owl and the courthouse steps with 1" pieces is awesome!
    I might steal your idea to add some churn dashes to last year's sampler collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the TT blocks together look wonderful. I really like the gray variations for backgrounds. At first I thought a few were going to have white backgrounds and I even liked that - made some blocks look a lot bigger or something. But then I saw you were out of lt gray.

    I really like that Courthouse Steps block and may have to make a whole quilt of them - like I need another RSC project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that alternating sashing in your Tinies. Good luck getting more of your fabric!
    I got carried away making log cabins last year with 1" strips - now you're going to have me haring off chasing courthouse steps blocks with them, aren't you? Ah well. I've chased crazier squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks, Libby! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. same thing happened to me, but your blocks were worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.