Sunday, April 28, 2019

MIA

Week in Review

Very little sewing last week.  On Sunday we headed down to Savannah, GA to celebrate SIL's birthday and to finally see the renovations she made to her house last year.  In addition to opening up or widening walls and doorways, her favorite space (and ours) is the screened porch addition designed by her brother (my Main Man).

SIL's porch
That herringbone floor ranked a Page 1 ad for the manufacturer in a local home magazine!  With shade from the live oaks and fans gently spinning overhead, it was always delightful out there.

We played 9 holes of golf on Monday, went downtown for lunch on Tuesday, and headed back north on Wednesday.  We had hoped to stay longer, but had to return home because I needed to clear out my sewing room for this:

Murphy Bed/Design Wall
The sweetest couple came Thursday morning to install the Murphy bed we had ordered at a recent home and garden show.  The only available wall in my sewing room is where I had hung my design wall, so we specifically asked for a flat surface and that the bookcases be turned sideways so I could hang a new, bigger design wall on the front.  It's about 106" across; I could almost design a king-size quilt on it!

While that was going on, I was prepping step-outs for a mini-workshop I would be teaching at guild on Friday.  The topic was shaded or compound HST, better known as Mary's Triangles.

Lynn's blocks
A funny thing happened.  Because I was short on time, I decided to Google for any prepared notes that I could (in good conscience) lift rather than re-write the script.  I scrolled past a familiar photo and discovered it was a link to my own tutorial from June 11, 2014!!

I worked the FG Garden Club geranium sale on Saturday morning and we visited the Rotary Club's Wine on the Plateau event Saturday afternoon. (There's always something to do in the Glade!)  I was also able to live-stream the Arkansas State Quiz Bowl championships where AA (GS-3) was participating for the last time.  Conway HS didn't win, but AA was named to the all-star team!

So, do you understand why I've been Missing In Action?  But all is not lost!  Once I got my sewing table back in place and the machine plugged in, I managed to finish two Tiny Tuesday blocks in aqua.


I was so excited to find that light background with the aqua whatever-they-ares in another project box!  You'll probably see it again this week in the 5th TT for April before we move on to another color.  As much as I love aqua, I'm ready for something new.

6 comments:

  1. I have seen several Murphy beds over the last years in peoples sewing room for so many years you never saw them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That screened porch looks like a lovely place to spend your time! Never would have guessed that was a Murphy bed - what a great idea for making your sewing area a multipurpose room, and all that space for a design wall, too! Pretty aqua blocks - I'm ready for a new color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool bed design! And how cool that you will be able to have your design wall on the front of it. Nice that you had such a good visit with your SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that background fabric was a good find! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, no wonder you've been MIA. Congrats on your new design wall set up. That's going to be a very nice new addition to the sewing room. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at your SIL! The idea of using the murphy bed as your design wall is perfect, and I'm sure you will be able to squeeze a king size quilt on your design wall if you wanted. I hope you are able to find more time this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.