Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Life's a Bear - Finale

Sunrise over Lake Junaluska

Sunrise - Sunday, April 6 - looking west
Sunrise - Sunday, April 6 - looking east
Before it was time to leave this beautiful setting, however, I did manager to get one-half of the project finished.  See a problem?

Two quadrants of Enchanted Grden
The quadrants are supposed to be square.  Mine measure 26.5" x 27.5".  One inch is just a little too much to "ease" together when dealing with pieces that finish at 1/2" to 1".  I am going to make the other two quadrants, paying closer attention to the quarter-inch seam and also pressing less aggressively.  I have enough extra fabric that I can remake a block, if needed.  It may be a couple of weeks before I get them done so stay tuned for a final report.

There were six S'mores in attendance; Becky was the only one to finish the center.

Becky's "Give Peas a Chance"
Don't pay attention to the quilts in the background.  Becky is currently auditioning fabrics for the large setting triangle corners.  Her light fabric had too much pink and yellow in it and we all felt it would detract from the work she put into the center portion.

Ari is doing Red Hot Mama and needs to do another block to cut for the corners.

Ari with her Orange Hot Mama
When you see the corners added, you will understand the name.

Frances is stepping out of her comfort zone to add a red strip. 

Frances' version of Give Peas a Chance -- maybe
Frances did well to finish one block since the red detail is not included in the pattern and took a lot of concentration.  I applaud her persistence.

Nancy and Sena each finished a block.

Nancy upper left; Sena upper right
I'm not sure which setting of the pattern Nancy and Sena were working on.

The Life's a Bear retreats hosted by Cindy Williams (the Math Whisperer) and Nancilee Dills are not only in a beautiful setting (Lake Junaluska, NC), but a great value and the food is too tasty for my own good.  I suggest you check out the LAB facebook page for upcoming events.  The fall retreat will be Feathered Star.







2 comments:

  1. Those projects put me in mind of my Bargello quilt from Mountain Quiltfest the time I met you there. They are looking really good. The lot of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous quilt design. I love all of the colorways the ladies used. Is the pattern for sale commercially? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.