Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Where you been, Libby Jane?

Down the lane and back again!

The third week of any month is always full of meetings and other obligations and this month was no exception.

The week began on Sunday with church and a birthday lunch (mine) with Son-1 and DIL; however, the designated meeting place halfway between them and us had no power.  We reconnoitered and found another lovely place to dine and were able to catch the last few holes of The Masters.  Tiger's back!!!

On Monday, when I should have been prepping for the rest of the week's activities, I chased another squirrel (thanks, Ramona/Doodlebugs).


I don't know the pattern name; Ramona said hers was a kit from Craftsy.  As a result, I spent most of my time at Devo and Sew on Tuesday cutting strips of pinks and greens.  That is, after I rearranged a few blocks in my secret sewing project.

Wednesday was Garden Club in the morning.  I now know more than I ever thought I would want to know about growing tomatoes.  But that's a good thing because I will be planting some in my stand-up garden trough next month!  In the afternoon I put the final two seams in my secret sewing project!

Tiny Triangles Doll Quilt
Actually, it never really needed to be a secret.  I am participating in Lori's (Humble Quilts) doll quilt swap.  It could be no bigger than 24" x 24" and the fabrics (reproductions) could be no later than 1910.  I had originally planned to go for the full size, but those tiny 1-inch triangles were eating up a lot of my time so I quit at 16" square.  I also made a last-minute change in the arrangement and I am much happier with the outcome. 

On Thursday I sandwiched the little beauty and did some straight-line stitching to hold the layers together.  The binding is now done.

Beauty shot on SIL's Savannah patio

All it needs is a label and it will be on its way to my partner.

Friday was guild day, my first meeting as Education Chair!  Not sure what I've gotten myself into but I felt the call as the existing chair has had to sell her home and move closer to family in Nashville because of her husband's failing health.  The last thing she needs to worry about is how the rest of the guild year is going to work out!

And my first official duty was to make sure all provisions of the contract for our guest lecturer and workshop teacher were taken care of.  Can't say I scored an A+ on that front, but I took lots of notes and made plans for the next guest-led class.  We were in a new-to-us facility, the heat was set too high for a roomful of menopausal women with irons and Ott lights ablazin', and the arrangement left a lot to be desired.  Like I said, next time ...

I hope all my readers had a blessed weekend, enjoying the Spring weather.


5 comments:

  1. I love your doll quilt for the swap! Such a pretty pattern! That block you squirreled on from Ramona is neat, too. I went and looked at the quilt top she made and it has a lovely, woven look to it. I can see why it called to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design for the doll quilt would look terrific in other sizes and genres. Hmmm. I think that squirrel has just scampered across my path . . . Now I'm going to check Roberta's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doll quilt is SPECTACULAR!!! Well worth the wait to see the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini quilt is beautiful! I love the design and fabrics you used, especially those yellows. They bring so much light into the quilt. Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your doll quilt is just luscious! I'll bet that was a hard one to give up!
    And I certainly can understand why Ramona's quilt pattern kidnapped you! Looking forward to seeing what that leads to!


    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.