Monday, April 29, 2019

Slowly Settling Back In

Filling the bookshelves first

My existing bookcase, which I purchased many years ago from a used office furniture warehouse, was finally falling apart so I decided the Murphy bed shelves would be the perfect place for all my books.



I used this opportunity to weed out a couple dozen books that I am no longer interested in.  The downside of this exercise:  as I was glancing through the books making decisions, I saw a lot more potential rabbit holes to rush down!  Thank goodness my cutting table is piled high with things we temporarily moved out of the sewing room preventing me from starting something new.

But I can dream ...

6 comments:

  1. That is the problem with cleaning and sorting. Long forgotten about projects are found and seeing patterns and books leads to many more inspiring thoughts. Love your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will you do with the discarded books? I have so many that have just one or two patterns that spark my interest. Funny that I can tear patterns out of magazines without a qualm but I would have a hard time tearing them out of books....Even when I know darn well that the book came from, or will go to, the guild giveaway table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the lovely bookcases, but where's "my" new bed?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to weed down my books at some point. But hauling out the books is always a dangerous way to start something new. Hope the rest of your reorg goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm afraid to even touch any of my books anymore, let alone open them, for fear of starting even MORE projects! So many ideas, so little time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.