Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Catching Up

And getting ahead

April's calendar is full of retreats, birthdays, visits with family, guild programs ... well, you get the picture.  So I knew I need to get my act together or I'll be stressing out.

Highest priority was prepping for Life's a Bear Getaway and Retreat at Lake Junaluska this coming weekend.  Strips are all cut and packaged up.

Enchanted Garden
I can't wait to show you what we accomplish at the retreat!  I have reservations about my fabric choices but I was determined not to purchase anything for this project so I went with two somewhat coordinating fabrics that I had a little over 2 yards on hand.  I am hoping it will be a neutral enough background to put a very colorful applique on.

I've been trying to get 6 blocks made every day for my secret sewing project.


I've been shooting from the hip with this one and I see areas where I may want to lighten it up.  But for now it is what it is.

I spent an hour in the retina doctors waiting room today catching up on a Tiny Tuesday from the yellow month -- well, at least I made it in yellow ...


I used the freezer-paper-on-top method, hoping to revive a needle turn method I think I learned at the knee of Elly Sienkiewicz.  I prepped this so long ago that the freezer paper had become unstuck.  And I started with too small a needle.  But after I switched to a longer needle to sweep the seam allowance under the piece, I developed a rhythm and I think after a good pressing and trimming to size I will be happy .


I also managed to get 8 chandelier bead blocks done this afternoon in aqua, the RSC color for April.


And one of three Double Shot blocks.



Tomorrow I'll be packing up for the retreat, cleaning bathrooms in anticipation of guests who will be going with me, and fitting in an annual medical visit.  I'll do my best to report in from Lake Junaluska this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun at Lake J (and your RSC blocks are looking GOOD in AQUA!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun times ahead! I am loving seeing everyone's aqua blocks this month. :) Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pressing forward, Libby, with your wonderful projects. Did you say you learned from the Elly S.? I got her book and video from the library years ago...she did amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.