Monday, October 28, 2019

A Good Day

The guild I belong to has an open-sew day on the 4th Friday of the month.  Sometimes we have a technique workshop, sometimes comfort quilts or QoV volunteers work together on special projects, and sometimes, like this Friday, we have a full-day class.

My S'mores friends, Nancy and Donna, came to The Glade to teach Two-Fabric Bargello, a pattern by Suzy Weaver Quilts.

Nancy on the left, sharing helpful hints with a student
Nancy constantly circled the room, giving encouragement and helpful hints.  Meanwhile, Donna and I were helping to hold double-length rulers steady in the strip cutting process.

Donna on the right, helps Kathy keep her rulers steady
Staying organized, labeling each strip, and proceeding methodically are essentials to success in this project.


By the end of the day, everyone had cut all their strips and had enough assembled to be able to proceed on their own at home.

Suzy and Kathy
It was a GOOD DAY!

4 comments:

  1. looks like you had a fun day! I have always liked that quilt but have never wanted to make one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time! Can't wait to come back. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.