Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Flashback

Orphan Adoption Update

It pleases me to show that one of my adopted orphans has neared completion.


Doris M in Alabama adopted two of my kid quilt tops I called Cool Cats.  She has quilted the first one and was anxious for me to see it.  She did a beautiful loopy meander in pale lavender thread.


Doris and a friend have a quilt ministry at their church and regularly give quilts to Quilts4Kids. I am so glad that these tops went to competent hands to see them to a finish.

Thanks to Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for hosting the semi-annual orphan adoption event. The next one will be in September so be sure to check back then for many exciting items going on the adoption block.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! I just received a photo of a finished quilt made with blocks I put up for adoption. It is wonderful that both are soon to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable little quilt - some child is going to be so excited to have it! I've been pulling out some older projects and re-homing them to friends who would finish them up and enjoy them. Way to go keeping your newly organized area clean and neat! I always feel more excited about sewing when my area is straightened up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, her loopy swirled quilting was the perfect fit to the cats' tails -- and what a darling quilt! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BlueHost is one of the best website hosting company with plans for all of your hosting requirements.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.