Thursday, May 19, 2016

Prodigal Fabric

'Twas Lost But Now is Found

Several years ago I took a class for a QAYG "braid" table runner. Soon after that I taught my fellow guild members how to make one. Then I made a few as Christmas gifts. But one could not be finished because I somehow ran short of the border fabric with three short lengths left to add.

That runner remained folded in a pile on my work table (along with a number of other abandoned projects) in the intervening years.

Table runner center with red border
Fast forward to the recent BRP (Big Reorganization Project).  And what should appear out of my heaps of scraps but a small chunk of the long sought-after red fabric with a couple of border strips folded up inside it!

Having grabbed the runner and the missing fabric on my way out the door to retreat this week, I was able to get the runner to this point:

Nearly finished table runner.
Unfortunately, there was not enough of the red fabric to do the binding. If I can't find a similar shade of red in my stash I will probably go with one of the blues.

It is such a relief to have another UFO, however small, nearing completion!

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


  1. You must have done a happy dance when that fabric surfaced - I know I would have! 8)

  2. Your reorg has really been good for your finished project column. So you've gotten a two for one with the reorg, a cleaner work area and more finished projects.

  3. It is funny how when you least expect it, the fabric you need shows up.

  4. I love it when good things like that happen


Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.