I made absolutely no progress on my neutral Gypsy-ish quilt last week --- other than getting the finished blocks pressed. I'm liking the effect, seeing them all together.
|Neutral - in the style of "Gypsy Wife"|
Actually, got a NEW tag! GS-3 is on the autism spectrum and I am so grateful for all the support and therapy he has received.
AND I drove to the next county to pick up a quilt from the LAQ.
I have no idea where Wednesday went. Oh, now I remember ... I finally started working on the round robin (due on Saturday). This one was a puzzler. (Sorry, I thought I had a before picture.) I had an idea of what I wanted to add from something I had seen, didn't take a picture when I saw it, and couldn't remember how it went. After a few false starts, I called the shop where I had seen it, but the gal there was clueless (though she did try).
In the end I went with a bit of improv inspired by the quilt's originator. My addition is the top and left side. You may be able to guess whose quilt this is.
Thursday I was able to make several bindings before heading out for an afternoon of bridge. Friday I took Mr. Hillside to the retina specialist for a follow-up visit. The drops have helped, but he still needs to continue the drops for another 6 weeks.
Saturday was the Music City Modern guild meeting and destashing yard sale. I wasn't going to buy anything but a fat baggie of neutral scraps was calling my name.
In the end it was free because the owner of the neutrals bought a book from me that cost more! The scraps are all washed and pressed, and I've started cutting/kitting 10 more blocks to take to retreat this week.