Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Little Progress is a Good Thing



No matter how small, some progress means the project is moving along ... right?  And anything I can do while standing or sitting in one place saves me from dragging that 100-pound boot all over the house.

So yesterday I stood at the end of the kitchen table and, by moving the quilts instead of myself, I managed to trim both quilts that came home from the LAQ on Monday.

Trimmings on top of Watermelon Stars
Then I sat at the end of the kitchen table and stitched the binding onto That Purple Project.

Binding on That Purple Project
My options for thread to do the handwork are somewhat limited to some very basic neutral colors; I'm going to try dark gray before I make Mr. Hillside take me shopping!

4 comments:

  1. Atta girl, little bits at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now... relaxing hand binding!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Progress is good, no matter how big or small. Looking forward to seeing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress means finishes are coming. Though it is hard to see that sometimes, especially when you can't work as you like. Sounds like you made the best of a bad situation and figured out how to make progress. So it's all good! How much longer do you have in the boot?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.