Monday, April 23, 2018

Finding Home


Notice I didn't say "finding A home."  We've already done that -- just need to get rid of the existing  one!

Ever since Mr. Hillside and I began thinking about where we wanted to spend our time once we were no longer in charge of his mother's care, I silently worried that we would choose a remote location or a closed community and become social hermits.

Well, the happy news is I have found "home," at least if they'll have me!  Last week, while at House 2 (a/k/a the new house, the lake house, or the house at the Glade),  I visited a quilting group that meets in a church twice a month, working on both "encouragement" quilts and their own projects.

Quilts before and after quilting
A devotional period and lunch are the bonus!  They call it "Devo and Sew."

Look at this lunch spread!
I can't think of when I have felt a warmer reception or felt more "at home."  I am more than ready to move!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Libby I am so excited for you! It's so good to be able to feel connected to others that enjoy the same hobby. That kitchen looks very industrial. Wishing you many happy sewing days in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s awesome. Being with people of like minds is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy you have found a home. We welcome you back any time to sew or worship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so blessed that you will be joining us. We look forward to having you here all the time. Thanks for the sweet words about the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so happy to hear this from my friend, Jane, when I talked to her last week! I enjoy your blog and reading about all your quilting adventures! Hope your old house sells soon and you can finally get settled into your new retirement routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful that you've found a new community of friends. Enjoy!
    (P.S. They'll be lucky to have you, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that sounds wonderful, Libby! Like-minded friends are definitely an important part of finding your Home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found a new quilting group you can call home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pleasant welcome. (Is the church your denomination?)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.