Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wildlife Wednesday

Rear Window

I feel kinda like Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window -- stuck with a broken foot, watching the world through my kitchen window.

Well, it's been an active wildlife day.  Unfortunately, it's hard to capture them on a smart phone when they are naturally camouflaged.

First to visit in the early afternoon was a huge owl.

Look in the middle of the photo on the horizontal branch, above the green bush ...

Later in the afternoon we were visited by a wild turkey wandering up through the neighbor's yard.


These creatures are SO big they actually make noise walking through the leaves.

5 comments:

  1. I thought owls only came out at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have some interesting stuff to see while you wait on the ankle to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching wildlife is so enjoyable. Rear Window is one of my favorites. I have watched it many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An owl during the day? Lots of discoveries at your new place! (That would make an interesting quilt.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violet here. I have a question about you loosely glossy quilt. Where can I get the pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.