Friday, April 6, 2018

Panic Averted

Can you believe a quilter without needle or thread?  That was me at the beginning of the day on Thursday with all my many handwork kits already moved to the lake house.

My first concern was having a color of thread that I could use when turning the binding on That Purple Project.

That Purple Project
In the end I decided that a yellowish beige was the safest choice because it would blend with the borders of the pieced side in the event I had stitches go through to the front.


I have a bobbin filled with that color so first crisis averted.  My box of Wonder Clips was in absentia, also, but I have plenty of sturdy pins so I could manage with them to hold the binding over the edge.


Now for a needle.  A needle.  Any needle.  All I could find buried in my tool box (which I have been meticulously insisting come with us as we go back and forth between houses):


It feels like I'm using a telephone pole after working with betweens!  At least the eye is big enough for me to thread without assistance...  Note to self: add handwork tools to all machine tool boxes.


7 comments:

  1. Good job figuring it all out! I love that quilt - such pretty color! Enjoy your stitching time, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing where we have things tucked and hidden. So glad you found your tools and can stitch your binding. Looking forward to seeing the grand reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necessity is the mother of invention! Thank goodness the needle you found has a sharp point, rather than a blunt-tip needlepoint needle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually prefer the straw needles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those purples are so vibrant. I think you are doing great operating between two places and with a bad foot.
    Necessity is the mother of invention, we used to be taught these old sayings in school. Don't think kids today know anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have needles and pins all over the place, but still can't always put my hand to one when I want one. I hope you will soon have settled into a rhythm where you have what you want in both places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where there's a will there's a way right? Now you know what needs to be in your "travel" case. Great job of just making it all work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.