Monday, April 2, 2018

Back from the LAQ

And One Monthly Goal

Since I still can't drive, Mr. Hillside and I ventured out together today to run a few errands -- returning a cable box, repairing my glasses and, most importantly, picking up two quilts from my long-arm quilter.  Both quilts were an effort to finish up UFOs that included the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month in 2016.

Ohio Watermelon Stars
That Purple Project
I have plans to give one of these quilts to a lucky recipient at the church women's breakfast this month.  Here's my dilemma:  my stash has been entirely relocated to the house in the Glade and the breakfast will be before our return.  What's a girl to use for binding?  Hmm ...

On the bright side, I did remember to bring yellow scraps home to work on my column of Loosey Goosey for RSC2018.  But none of these scraps were big enough to cut sufficient binding.

The Geese are Loose
Also, in anticipation of an upcoming class with Yvonne Fuchs/Quilting Jetgirl, I brought home a box of several fabric options to use in the class.   So, what do you think?

Possible binding for That Purple Project
I think it is perfect for an already scrappy quilt.  And I'm going with it.  Now to find a place to trim the quilt ... I have the tools to cut here as well as a machine (or 2) for stitching.  Stay tuned to see if I get this done by April 14.  In fact, I'll make that my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for April!

Linking with Patty at Elm Creek Quilts to declare my OMG for April.

6 comments:

  1. The geese at the bottom of the watermelon patch are a nice touch. The purple border fabric is just right. (Maybe a flange/flap of yellow, or green?) Are you going to stay with the same quilter once you're settled in your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two beautiful quilts, Libby! I love the scrappy 16 patch centers. And a class with Quilting Jetgirl - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple for binding will look great. I thought you would have to go shopping. :D Your watermelon stars look so fresh and springy. What color binding will you use for that one? Love your yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see the lovely spring-y quilts again! They are just perfect for this time of year. Glad you’re up and around more. Can’t keep a good woman down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric looks great for binding That Purple Project!! Best of luck on completing it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh pretty! The purple is perfect for the binding. Congrats on getting two more projects close to being off the UFO list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.