Saturday, April 21, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Dashing off a quick post before we start painting today -- 
finishing up on the places that were not accessible when the painters were at House 1 in December.

To occupy my mind while Mr. Hillside was making the round trip to Nashville and back to house 2 in the snowy weather on Monday, I made a Squared Away block in April's RSC colors yellow and gold.

Squared Away Block 4
I am making these monthly blocks in jewel tones of the RSC color.  I think this rich yellow fits that theme.  I didn't get any further with my other yellow project, though.

Loosey Goosey
I've had several people ask about the source of this pattern.  It is not a "pattern" per se, but, rather, a technique than can be incorporated into quilts in a number of ways.  I used it initially as a border on a round-robin quilt challenge last year.


Cindy Williams, The Math Whisperer, has come up with an easy, two-at-a-time technique in various sizes.  It is in this book which also includes several other quick and easy techniques. 


The best thing is she has done all the math for you.  The book is self-published, not available on Amazon unfortunately.  I will research further to see if I can find a source or a way to contact her directly.

Have a Scrap Happy Saturday, y'all!  And be sure to stop by soscrappy for lots of yellow goodness.







12 comments:

  1. Lovely fussy cutting in your Squared Away block. I like the offset flying geese, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fussy cuts on the squared away. Really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen you post about her book before, and it looks like a good one! Your Squared Away block is so pretty - I love that flower fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your April Squared Away block, those butterflies are a very pretty addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fussy cutting on your Squared Away block!
    Every time you show those geese, I puzzle out how to make them again, since I never remember what I figured out last time. I should either write it down or find a copy of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Squared Away block looks very special with the fussy cut squares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yellow block makes me smile! The fussy cut squares add so much to it, too. Hopefully the painting won’t take long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric placement on your square away block is perfect. Fussy cutting really makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty YELLOW block for the RSC and such a cool pattern from the Math Whisperer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming block you made! It’s my favorite of all I’ve seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the fussy-cut patches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the yellow and your block as a whole.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.