Sunday, March 24, 2019

Mountain Quiltfest - Part 3

Modern

There were quite a few entries in the Modern category this year.   Here are some of my favorites.
(Warning: photo heavy)

Mind the Gap - Patty Ashworth, Oak Ridge, TN
Gap detail
Socks and Shoes - Loretta Painter, Norris, TN
Soaring to New Heights - Judy Stokes, Columbus, MS
Cascades - Lynda Wallace,  Knoxville, TN
Cascades detail
And while it wasn't in the Modern category, I think this one could have been:

Optical Eclipse - Loretta Painter, Norris, TN
Eclipse detail
A few more of my favorites:

The Challenge - Lynda Wallace, Knoxville, TN
I love how she let the fabric do the work.

Challenge Detail
Plaid to Meet You - Dixie Franklin, Clarkson, KY
Plaid detail
So that's a wrap on this year's Mountain Quiltfest show.  I'll report on my classes tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the quilts, Libby! Not QUITE as nice as being there, but better than missing it all together. I think my favorite is Staying to New Heights. Piecing and quilting were both pretty incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what stunning quilts. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. Thanks for sharing, we don't have many quilt shows close to me, so I don't get to go often.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.