Monday, March 4, 2019

New Month

New Color

I like when the first of the month comes close to a weekend so that I can bust through my projects with the new Rainbow Scrap Challenge color -- which this month is GREEN!  (I had so hoped it would be blue so that I could keep working on Dusk to Dawn.)  Whatever ...

First up was another 10-inch block to go with last year's Squared Away sampler.


I decided to go with a yellow green for this one so that I could use that background piece.  I think it will help calm some of the brighter colors in the other blocks, as well.  If I counted correctly, I just need one more block to make 12, then I can think about setting options. 

I made quick work of the chandelier beads blocks (though I had to take two apart and trim the center squares).


(Why am I always getting one sideways?)  My greens are a little brighter than they show in this picture.

Yesterday I concentrated on my three Double Shot Blocks.





Oops, that was a quick fix this morning.  Cathty/Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting noted that this block is the same as her Double X block.  She's right!  It has been called a number of things over the years, including Fox and Geese, and Geese and Goslings.  I am calling it Double Shot because it reminds me of my Dad's jigger which measured a single shot of whiskey on the smaller end, and a double shot on the bigger end.

Daddy Bill's jigger
We finally had some sunshine late this afternoon after a dusting of snow this morning.  Still very cold, though.  Spring is just around the corner (fingers crossed).

3 comments:

  1. At least the turned-around block was just for the photo, not the assembled quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely GREEN blocks for the RSC, Libby! Now, you can carry on with the various Squirrels visiting your sewing room. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your greens, Libby, especially in the chandelier blocks! That lighter green with the white flowers is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.