Saturday, March 23, 2019

Please Adopt Me!

Orphan Adoption Event

Adoption Closed
Rachel is the winner

Each March Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework conducts an Orphan Adoption Event where partially finished/started projects can be passed on for someone else to complete.  The intention is to get these projects finished, not to sit on someone else's shelf as a UFO.

This time I am offering a project that I started quite a few years ago in a class.  I just don't love it; I hope someone else will.


The pattern is Chop Sticks; the pattern will be included with the UFO.


You can see from the first photo, four rows have been assembled but not attached to each other.  
This offering will include additional finished blocks:  8 with the wide colored borders ...


... and 11 with the narrow white border.


Also included will be some additional middle triangles and strips to cut more.

I will be honest; the finished blocks are not perfect.
It would be beneficial if you have access to a 12" 60-degree triangle ruler to make adjustments.

I have no stipulation how you use this project, but I would love to get a photo when it is complete!

This adoption will be open through March 29, 2019 with the winner's name drawn from a hat at 
6 PM next Friday.  I am in Tennessee and will ship within the U.S. only.  I will pay the postage.

Leave a comment telling me why you want to adopt this project.
Be sure to include an email address so that I can notify you if you are the winner.

PLEASE help me find a home for this waif!  
And be sure to check out the other orphans at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.



10 comments:

  1. I would love to try to transform your blocks into a baby quilt for Jack's Basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many other quilts to work on! It is good to pass on ones you just don't enjoy. I am sure someone will love to have these blocks. They will make a sweet little quilt.

    Thanks for participating in the event again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to receive this fabric because I am new to quilting and am happy to get my hands on any nice fabric! I also love the colors and I think I could make this a cute quilt for my youngest daughter :)
    rach62803(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the winner, Rachel! I'll be in touch so watch your email.

      Delete
  4. Hello - I adore how bright and happy this fabric palette is! I would love to take this off your hands. Money is incredibly tight, so buying quilting fabric hasn't really been on the table for a good while. Thanks for your generosity in sharing this project!

    aschmugge(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be happy to finish up your project and donate it through our quilt ministry to the local children's hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt--I love Julie Herman patterns and the fabrics you chose for this really enhance the pattern. I would love to finish this project for you--it is so bright and happy that I think it would make a great quilt to be donated to the Hole in the Wall camp that my guilt supports.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a good idea to let this go to someone who can use it to further their journey as a quilter. I have things like this, and need to put them up for adoption. I also have done this in the past and people did wonderful things with them... thanks for doing it, looks like you have friends here who will take on a challenge! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Libby, we meet at Camp Lucon in February. This is a really cute project. I'm always looking for a challange. Would love to try to finish this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.