Friday, March 8, 2019

Seeing Green

After Wednesday's debacle with yellow, I decided to focus on green on Thursday.  So I started the day cutting HSTs for  Squirrel 2 a/k/a/ Tumbling Triangles.  It hasn't shown up well in the photos so far, but the dark green in the HSTs is one of my favorite fabrics.


I bought this at Batiks, Etc. in Wytheville, VA quite a few years ago.  A friend was needing a dark green to set some Stack 'n' Whack blocks and I thought this was perfect for her.  So perfect that I bought some for myself, too, and it's been waiting for the perfect project ... till now!

First I made enough HSTs to finish out all the 4-patch corners I needed for the remaining blocks.



I finished up the partial blocks I had laying on my sewing table ...

13 of 32 blocks needed
... then I turned my attention to Squirrel 1, 
now known as Squirrels in the Snow (thanks to Nann/With Strings Attached).  
I managed to assemble the second section ...


... added it to the first section and added the corners.  
As soon as the sun comes out I'll get a good picture of the flimsy.  
I am SO in love with this quilt.



3 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that green batik - I love it too! I especially like the contrast of the sweet pastels with the dark and light triangles - the contrast cuts the sweetness of the prints and gives them some geometric interest. Your projects are coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that HST four patch block. So effective! Endless possibilities in quilting! I LOVED batik etc in VA... wah! miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.