Friday, May 31, 2019

Something New

Vegetable Garden

One year (in another life) I had volunteer tomato plants in the ditch behind our house where the neighbor's castoffs had washed down to our lot.  Another year (in this life) I planted a 25-cent tomato plant and it flourished until the ants got to the fruit before I could ...

That's been the extent of my vegetable gardening experience -- until now. I thought if I had a raised bed on the deck I might be able to keep the deer and other varmints from devouring the fruits of my labor.  So Santa brought me a raised trough garden for Christmas.

VegTrug and liner from Garden Supply Company
Yesterday we got the liner installed and mixed the recommended soil/manure/vermiculite mixture.  We decided it would be easiest to mix the three products directly in the trough in three layers.


DH used my new (and still unused) kayak paddle to stir each layer.


Let the planting begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Mr. Hillside!! Best of luck with the garden, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your garden is fruitful and the critters save enough for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.