Monday, June 17, 2019

Catching Up

Another of "those" weeks

After months of rarely leaving the house, last week was the second in a row filled with activities.  But at least last week included some sewing!

Early last Monday morning I made the 3-hour drive to the other side of Nashville to attend a 2-Fabric Bargello class taught by my S'mores friend Nancy.  This is one of those quilts that looks SEW much more complicated than it is.

Nancy's example
Because of my back and neck issues, I was careful not to spend too much time at any one activity during the day but I did get good start on one of the simpler designs in the pattern.

Libby's 2FB
I was working with fabric from my stash.  It truly only takes two fabrics.  The secret is using a gradation that creates the effect of complex piecing.  After I got a couple of other things off my design wall this morning, I got all the rows clipped and up on the wall.


I want to finish this one soon.  It will probably just be a wall hanging.  Let me tell you, the pattern is confusing, but with Nancy's excellent instructions we were all on our way to a finished project by the end of the day.  I've already picked my fabrics for the next one!
.
I spent last Monday night at Nancy's so that I could attend a S'mores sew-day on Tuesday.

Sena's sewing room
I spent the entire day adding a sleeve to this quilt I entered in a nearby quild's show.

Fire and Ice
On Wednesday I drove back to Crossville to deliver Fire and Ice and Rock Island, Rock On! to the CCP show in time for judging (I didn't win anything) and in time to make a FGFQG executive board meeting.

Rock Island, Rock On!
It was a nice show, lots of beautiful quilts and a good assortment of local vendors.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats! on getting that much of you class quilt done AND the show quilt ready to hang. That's a LONG drive for a quilt class! Did you stay with Nancy for a day or two? Just know that any more of the design you complete will be MORE than I have gotten done on the Bargello from my class at Mountain Quilt Fest!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.