Thursday, June 27, 2019

When you can't find something ...

... It's time to organize

I will be teaching a workshop on Friday on stenciled quilts using this example:

Sunflower Braid
I finally found the example, but I can't find the stencils I used ANYWHERE!  Or the pretty dogwood and iris that I love so much.  Or the framed theorem painting on velvet .... So what's a girl to do?

Go through every box in the basement storage room as well as every drawer in every chest.  That's what!

So far I've found hand applique projects ...


... and unfinished Christmas projects that I had forgotten about.


But no painting on velvet.  😧  I thought I had till Friday ... but Friday has rolled around and still no luck.  The last time I did my stencilled quilt lecture was 5 years ago and the missing items were on my display table.  We've moved since then (in case you haven't been listening the last 15 months).  So either I failed to bring them home from the lecture with me or they will amazingly float to the top on Saturday.

For any potential students reading this, I have plenty of options for the class, just not the best 😞

4 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I hate it when stuff disappears! Maybe you'll get lucky... Because you NEVER know what you will come up with when you dig into that scrap barrel! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are so many times when I can't find something and final order a new whatever only to have the old one turn up a week or two later and at times before the new whatever has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pattern out last month for something I am going to make. Do you think I can find it today? I have looked high and low and inside and outside of things and no pattern. I know as soon as I order another one, the first one will make its appearance. :( I like your Christmas blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely time for me to organize too. That yellow quilt at the top is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.