Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Growing to Town

Garden Update

Remember this?

View from the tomato end - June 2, 2019
Just two weeks later, the Bradley tomatoes on this end are now way higher than the marigolds ...


... the cucumbers are reaching toward the trellis ...


... there are flowers on the cherry tomatoes ...


... small green peppers emerging ...


... and healthy dill ready to harvest.


We have already used some dill and thyme in a couple of our recipes.  Yes, I know I have probably over-planted in my small space.  I'm hoping some "crops" will peak before others need space.  This is a new experience for me and I am enjoying the trip!


5 comments:

  1. I tend to over plant my space also but this year I didn't - I just didn't much feel like gardening this year but I do have a bit in pots on the deck closer to the house - I'm seriously thinking of having the raised beds further from the house devoted to flowers and herbs and have all my mints on the porch and maybe next year do a tomato plant or two in pots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking great, Libby! We planted a small raised bed garden (new to us) this year, too, and things are growing! All of a sudden, though, the tomatoes have something called "leaf curl." Have you heard of that? According to Google, it doesn't seem to cause problems for the tomatoes, but I'm still wondering what I can do about it. May have to go ask at the local garden shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. And next time, you need some zucchini... Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking great! Ours (8 beds that are 4x8’ and one 4x4’) are going crazy. We are getting and sharing lots of rhubarb and spinach. The lettuce is going gangbusters, too, and we thin it by pulling out the smaller bunches. YUM!! Our dill is very tall, too, but DH insists we wait until it dries (he used to work on a farm and that’s how they did it there). I’d rather be picking some now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what super growth, Libby. Harvest time will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.