Sunday, October 4, 2020

Pour the Wine

and start shufflin'

This is the point where it pays to pour a glass of wine, sit back, and consider what should go where.

Should I arrange by color?  Should I arrange by pattern in the fabric?  Should I balance value?  These are rhetorical questions, by the way, 'cause I've already made my decisions!  I have two more blocks to make; one has been cut.  Even though this is not the Colorado block, I plan to call this one Almost Colorado Lily.

While clearing off some shelves in the storage room, I found a nice white 100% cotton fabric in my costume-making supplies that is the perfect white for the sashing!  It's what I used to make my 19th century chemises.  With input from DH, I have selected a green for the "leaves."  Unfortunately, this coming week is full of trips, house cleaning, and meetings so I doubt there will be little progress till next weekend.

I still owe you a tool report so watch for it.



10 comments:

  1. That's going to be gorgeous, Libby! I think those prints really make the quilt look like flowers. Glad you found the perfect sashing fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your busy week, I'll bet you are going to be glad when next weekend rolls around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric in these blocks. The block design really shows them off, too. Whatever layout you have decided on will be beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming along nicely! I really like these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arranging is hard for me. I try for balance here, then change a block that requires a switch in the next row. And so on. Advice is to take a photo before committing. That allows you to see the arrangement from a distance.....But I do like those blocks and the colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes!! arrange away and find the most pleasing11 of course i like it as is on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have already decided but nobody needs to know. Not yet, at least. Enjoy the wine and pretend to ponder :-) I am sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Libby, I didn't know you in your chemise making days...sounds interesting. But how lucky to have that perfect white on hand. These blocks are so lovely any way you arrange them! Enjoy the wine anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whaaaat ? you make 19th cen. chemises ? What for, reenactments? I want to know all about it. I think your blocks look VERY GOOD just like that are now, is that all of them? Just do it! Then when I come asking how to arrange mine, tell me to throw them in a blender and see what I get! (likely what I might do as I could drive myself insane with choice)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.