Thursday, October 15, 2020

WIP Wednesday

 ... on Thursday

Last week included a round trip to the dentist in Nashville and a stop in to visit Son-1 and his bride.  He will still be working from home until the end of the year and DIL is recovering from foot surgery.  Some of the houses damaged by the March tornado in their neighborhood are being rebuilt, but others look like they have been abandoned.  So sad to see.

The rest of last week was devoted to whipping the house into shape, including sanitizing, in preparation for our first neighborhood Ladies of the Pointe book club meeting.  I am really excited to see what books we will pick to read next year.  I get to suggest two, so send your recommendations my way.

This week began with the trip to NQM in Paducah, KY and an overnight to celebrate Alex's 69th birthday (yes, I robbed the cradle).  By Wednesday I was finally able to return to the sewing room and am making progress on Almost Colorado Lily.


All the blocks and vertical sashing strips have been made.  Four rows of blocks have been assembled and the last two rows are waiting patiently next to my machine.  About half of the horizontal sashing is made but I need to prep and cut more of the white fabric before I can finish those.  I'm waiting to decide on the cornerstones in the sashing, debating between white or color(s). 

In between stitching I am enjoying the cooler fall weather, opening the new windows (yay, they actually open!) whenever I can.



8 comments:

  1. The "leaf" sashing adds a lot to the design! I'd go with colored cornerstones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your Colorado Lily quilt finishes! I made the Bali Sea Star version in 2014 - similar Kim Brackett pattern. My recent favorite book is "The Curious Charms of Alfred Pepper" by Phaedra Patrick. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado Lily is looking wonderful! I like the sashing that creates leaves. I enjoyed your post about the trip to the quilt museum - I'm going to have to put that on my travel bucket list! Enjoy your book club - I love mine! And happy birthday to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The books I've enjoyed the most this year are The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate and Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I hope you get to enjoy meeting in person with your book club again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "leaves" in the sashing are such a nice surprise! This quilt is a beauty. I really liked the books Jan suggested, as well as "The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek" by Kim Michele Richardson and "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks. (Anything by Geraldine Brooks is good!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this quilt looks amazing! glad you had a nice visit! and you will have to share what books you are reading... its always a goal to read a few new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flower garden look that your quilt has! Would the cornerstones work in flower bud colors? Or a lighter leafy green?
    Love seeing the book recommendations - always on the lookout for more reading material!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that means the Book Club planning meeting went well, Libby. Happy birthday to Mr. Lakeside!! Best of luck on finishing up that pretty quilt you are working on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.