Another Case of QADD
Please tell me I'm not the only one with Quilter's ADD!
Here's the route I have taken down the rabbit hole over the last week:
1. Survey UFOs for potential One Monthly Goal. I chose one and made quick progress on Star Gazing.
3. Put unloved blocks in the "Adopt Me" bin. So I decided to put those twenty 11" blocks up for adoption when the Orphan Adoption Event begins later this week.
Oh, wait! What's this? A sandwich bag filled with jewel-tone 45-degree diamonds that I cut for Hunter's Star about 10 years ago.
4. Design modern/minimalist quilt using diamonds. Wouldn't those diamonds look nice set in a solid gray background? Surely my experience with 60-degree diamonds can be translated to 45-degrees ... I wonder what it would look like ... hmmm, I don't have the right shade of gray ...
5. Drive to fabric store. Four yards of Kona Silver should do the trick! Got a good start on the diamonds -- some on the side, some on the point -- but I ask myself, How to arrange them? Should I have an organized pattern? Should I have an organized color scheme?
|Diamond Dew Drops|
7. Finish making 31 more 9-patches. Why not? The box was open, the strips and squares were there, it won't take much time ...
In the end I couldn't decide on a setting so it went back into the stack of boxes. Gosh, I really should do something about this mess he has to look at all the time ...
|Projects on the hearth -- why not?|
8. Inventory all UFOs. In keeping with my recent pledge to leave myself more notes, I decided to look in every project box to see what needed to be done. I know! I'll make a spreadsheet where I can prioritize UFOs based on the amount of effort needed to complete ....
This all transpired over the course of a week and the last two borders are still not on Star Gazing!
It's been a busy and eclectic design wall lately so I'll link up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.