Thursday, January 11, 2018

Retreat Day Four

Over too soon

On Sunday afternoon it seems like we have forever in front of us then, suddenly, it's Thursday afternoon.

This morning I sorted through all my Gypsy Wife detritus, pulling out large scraps and sorta big scraps.  Everything else was piled into my neutral bin and into the car it went.  It was time to start on the Goose is Loose for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.   Here it is with 28 geese ... and an oar.



I will probably add a few more geese cut from yardage when I get home.  I managed to screw up the cutting, much as I've done everything else on this outing, but was able to salvage the geese thanks to my father insisting I take geometry in high school!

Bad weather is moving into middle TN overnight and my DH is anxious for me to get home so I will be leaving right after dinner ... and after we put all the furniture back in position.  Time to get packin'.

9 comments:

  1. Libby, I love you goose is loose row. Where can I get the pattern? Looked online and there is just too many blocks with that name. Glad you enjoyed your retreat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book by Cindy Williams. I'll dig it out tomorrow and report back.

      Delete
  2. Your geese look great! You have such a nice variety of blues. Hope you arrived home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Started to mist just as I pulled into the driveway. Expecting freezing rain in the morning followed by snow.

      Delete
  3. Hope your trip home was safe and you arrived before the bad weather.LOve your flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting home before the weather gets bad! I love your geese! They look great! Have a wonderful day! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your geese row! We're starting Gypsy's Wife this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those Geese!!! Hope you got home OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful retreat! The geese strip is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.