Monday, January 8, 2018

Retreat Day One

Mission Accomplished

The good news -- since we were here last year the park has installed WiFi for the cabins!  (Still no cell service in the holler, though.)  Sew I am able to provide daily reports. 

After getting settled in Sunday evening, I got one border on Scrap Jar Stars before I crashed into bed.  Finishing it up was my first order of business this morning and it didn't take long before I was done.


I'm not sure I'm 100% pleased with my border choice, but at least the edges are stabililzed.


Next on the agenda -- assembling the second picnic quilt for the grandsons.

Picnic Quilt #2
OK, on to the Big One:  Gypsy Wife.  The rest of Monday was spent cutting 1-1/2" strips from some of  the larger chunks of fabric in my collection before I start cutting them up for the blocks.

Settling in now to watch the college championship -- Go DAWGS!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you can communicate with the outside world! It’s always fun to see what you accomplish on your retreats. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Scrap Jar Stars is looking very together! I love the fun color of it! You're getting a lot done on this retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh for wifi~ Now we get to see all that you are working on! I love the scrap jar quilt and that picnic quilt is wonderful! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border for SJS relates to the yellow in the center of the quilt. Could you have made a different choice? Probably. The important thing to remember is that DONE is better than PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.