Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wildlife Wednesday

Super Blue Blood Red Moon


Super, because the moon is so close to the earth
Blue, because it's the second full moon in the month of January
Blood Red, because of the effect as it passes through the earth's shadow

As the eclipse is beginning.

Halfway into eclipse
I'd show you the full eclipse, but there's nothing to see ... 
Full Eclipse ... get it?

Unfortunately, telephoto opens the lens to too much light and the red doesn't show. 
 Just take my word for it, the red glow was real!
Faint, but real.

# # #

On a totally unrelated note, Mr. Hillside and I are taking a big step today.
Hoping to have big news for you soon.




4 comments:

  1. What time were you up taking these pictures?! At our house, I could see the full moon a little after 4, and the next time I woke up it was 5:45 and the eclipse was happening. I caught the faint reddish glow, too. No photos though - I was just peeking through the blinds before I went back to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything works out the way you want it to with this new phase - hope it is on a "hill"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!! We were told not to even bother in our area because there was going to be nothing to see. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool you got to see it! We had dense clouds here, nothing visible. Best wishes on your big step!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.