Sunday, January 7, 2018

Rock Island

Rock On

It's time for my annual retreat at Rock Island State Park in McMinnville, TN.  If my memory hasn't failed me (yet), this will be our 15th year.  Only two of us have attended all 15 years.

Rock Island 2010
I started this retreat the first year our state park system offered a BOGO on cabins during the winter season.  I looked for the least expensive which thankfully was in a reasonable driving distance.  Turns out they were also the most modern cabins (at that time) in the whole park system.  We are able to sleep 5, each in her own bed.  We move all the furniture out of the great room and set up our Sew-Ezi tables.  We each take turns with a main meal or lunches; we don't go hungry!

Sew, what do I plan to work on?  First up will be putting the borders on last year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish, Scrap Jar Stars.

Scrap Jar Stars
Next I want to assemble the second picnic quilt made from my grandsons' plaid and striped shirts.

Picnic Quilt
The rest of my time will be devoted to Gypsy Wife.

Gypsy Wife blocks
 I started making my own neutral version in August based on photos I'd seen on-line but I started to feel overwhelmed with how to put it together.  Now that I am blessed with an actual pattern as a Christmas Present, I'm going to use it as my starting point.  I have already made a variety of blocks in various sizes.

And if I get tired of that or hit a snag, I will take along my blue scrap bin to start working on my RSC18 blocks for January.



All of this to say I will be out of touch with the world for most of the week.  I'll do my best to catch up reading blogs and responding to comments as soon as I get home.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your time at your retreat is both relaxing and productive. You have some great projects on which to work! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, Libby! Sounds like fun, and hopefully you will get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time. Hope you get lots done (that counts if all you get done is visiting!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time! Looks like a great list of projects to work on. The scrap jar stars is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun! I hope you have good weather for driving. Looking forward to seeing your progress on all your projects after the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to start the new year! I bet you will make lots of progress on your projects.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have the best time ever! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun, Libby! I bet there are a lot of us wishing we could join you! Cant wait to see how much you’re going to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your retreat (wish I was there!) Best of luck on working through your projects. Knowing you, it will be SEW productive!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.