Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Thoughts from the Throne


We have a little 31" x 12" transom window in the master bathroom which, in most cases, would not be an issue.  But the bathroom faces up a very steep hill and, in the rare case someone might be wandering on the hill, the wanderer COULD see in.  (Don't scoff; it DID happen the day the dead deer fell on the wall -- another story for another time.)  Mr. Hillside suggested I make some kind of covering.

Hmm .... if I only had some fabric ...

As I was "meditating" in the WC one day last week, I looked up and a vision passed before my eyes.

Bathroom Wall
That rusty rose fabric I used for sashing in Grand Mess is exactly the same color as the bathroom walls!

A little sketch on a piece of paper and a few stitches later I had this:

Transom Window Covering


Where do you do your most thoughtful reflecting?



4 comments:

  1. Looks like the ideal solution! Best meditating - in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!
    And I'll admit I've had some of my best thoughts while sitting and... umm... 'meditating'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom is where I do my best thinking, too. No phones, no interruptions, no talking and only occasional singing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great solution! Best meditating, driving somewhere by myself (which doesn't happen very often anymore).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.