Thursday, February 28, 2019

Tearing My Hair

and Another Sunrise

I was so frustrated by Section 7 of Gypsy Wife yesterday that I forgot to post my progress.  I got an early start on it this morning while waiting for the lawn guy to come.  (I was careful not to wander into the back yard with him, thus avoiding another unfortunate incident on a slippery rock like last year.)

One 4-inch block and two partial seams later ...

Gypsy Wife - Section 7
... and Ta-Da!  I know it seems like I am working out of order, but Section 7 is right below Sections 1 and 2.  I was anxious to get the first 14 strips back in circulation for future blocks. 

So, what was the frustration?  I am a visual thinker.  It took me a while to realize that I could calculate the size of a block by the number of equal-sized strips that it attaches to.  (That's especially critical for me since I am using blocks I made before I had a pattern and I am trying to make them fit in appropriate spaces.)  But the way the subsections within a Section are pictured in the pattern, the strips don't line up.  Even though I have numbered the strips on my pattern book, I am still having trouble getting them in the right place.

Well, Section 7 is done well ahead of the QAL deadline and since I am already through March with my progress, I am going to have to put it all back in the box (insert sad face here) so that I can do some house cleaning -- I know, it should do itself!  Grands will be coming for Spring Break in March and then I'm off to Mountain QuiltFest at Pigeon Forge.  (I still have cutting to do for my class!)

We had another spectacular sunrise yesterday. 

Sunrise 2/27/19
I hope you don't get tired of seeing these; I know I don't!  I don't do any color enhancement or adjustment on my pictures.  I have found, however, if I stand in the shadows and don't point directly at the sun I get much better color with my i-phone.


6 comments:

  1. You can show me all the sunrises you want! It's a time of day that I don't personally participate in, so I'll enjoy yours vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt and sunrise are both SPECTACULAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right...you've caught just the right light and shadow in that photo.
    I will love seeing your Gypsy Wife later on such pretty soft shades you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your sunrise photos. Your are making great progress on your Gypsy Wife quilt, frustration and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunset photos are gorgeous!
    Do you have a coloring page for Gypsy Wife? That might help with sizing of blocks since you can see the number of strips wide the block is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot done this week on the Gypsy Wife, hopefully you'll get it finished sometime this year. Gorgeous sunrise. We've had gray mornings and evenings all week. I'm ready for some sun and some warmth.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.