Thursday, June 18, 2020

Retreat Day Four

Today was much the same as yesterday, except the mess on my table was neutral instead of brown and blue.


I was trying to create some order in a mess of leftovers, practice blocks, rejects, and other bits of neutral detritus.  


The most I got accomplished was framing a few blocks to bring them up to a standard size.


After sorting the bits into piles of strips, squares, and triangles I packed it all away and turned my attention to a couple of moldie-oldie projects since the person who taught those classes at guild was sitting at the next table.😊

Remembering Marie is an 8-pointed star by Civil War Legacies.  I have had all the strip sets together since the class many years ago.  Also, one set of star units cut.  I stitched that one star point together to have as my sample for the future.


Then I pulled out Weaver Fever by Jackie Robinson.  I had made a fabric change several years ago that required disassembling some strip sets.  I felt certain that I had made all the replacements but was pleasantly surprised at how many blocks I had finished!  I trimmed and assembled two more rows this evening.


And I discovered even more finished blocks in the bottom of the box that I still need to square up.  Looking at this picture I see some apparent errors which may be why those few blocks were separated from the rest in the bottom of the box.

Heading home in the morning.  All-in-all, one of the best gatherings -- of course, the fact that we haven't all been together since February could have something to do with it.



3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you get those neutral put together, Libby. LOVE what you've got going with that Weaver Fever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those neutral blocks, Libby! Are they going to all turn into one quilt? I love that calm, soothing color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very successful retreat! Weaver Fever is really cool, love that setting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.