Monday, January 29, 2024

Has It Been a Week?

I have realized that it is easier to post daily if you post daily.  Once you let a day go by, it morphs into a week.  So much for my New Year's Resolution!

Anyway, it's been a productive week on many fronts.  First I chose my starting block for the Stay at Home Round Robin and got started on the first round.


Not being so thrilled with my progress, I put that project on hold.  I did manage to get a couple more blocks of 1863 on the design wall.


I now have 12 of the 27 blocks finished.  My goal is to finish a block a day.

I have determined that I have too much stuff.  Can you relate?  Anyway, it's really weighing me down so I plan to divest myself of lots of it.  Anything I don't think I'll use in my remaining years I am putting up for grabs with my Devo and S'mores friends.  What doesn't get taken will go to a charity in Nashville that supports developmentally disadvantaged adults.  So I devoted quite a bit of time over the weekend to culling through my batiks.  I had no idea how many I had!

Meanwhile, Spring is about to spring! (in spite of the sub-freezing temps)  

And my Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas cactus has no clue what month it is.



9 comments:

  1. Your cactus is beautiful! I relate on having too much "stuff". It is depressing to me, because I think our house looks cluttered right now. I'm sure part of it comes from having 2 dogs and 5 cats! My MIL was a collector of things and stuff, and I'm afraid just a teensy bit of that was passed down to her son. ;) But I'm guilty as charged in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your cactus- so pretty! And daffodils, too - it will still be a long time before anything starts to come up here. Don't put your SAHRR away yet, Libby - keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Christmas cactus is all over the place this year, too! We quit calling it Christmas and have started calling it the Holiday Cactus. It started putting buds on in October and will still be blooming strong through at least Valentines! I had a prof in college who said “I’ll teach you all I know about plants and everything your text says, but hear me now, plants don’t read the books!”

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like March here -- what a contrast two two weeks ago. I really, really like the neutral palette for 1863. And thanks for the block identification. I started our Christmas amaryllis late but it's coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have too much stuff too. Getting rid of a little at a time. Your cactus is beautiful. I see a couple buds on one of mine again. I'm waiting for a good round 2 of blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing how fast the week can go. I've been doing the decluttering thing too, though I'm married to a pack rat and he is resisting. Your 1863 project is moving along, very pretty too. Love those hot pink flowers on your plant. Have a very productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Libby, I’m so sorry to hear about your fall last month. I’m sending you hugs and prayers for a complete recovery. It would be wonderful if it was speedy and painless as well, but we may have to settle for hard work, determination, perseverance - all of which you possess in abundance. Gentle hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.