Monday, January 15, 2024

Snow Day!

Well, the predicted winter weather finally arrived Sunday night.  As of noon on Monday we have accumulated over 3" of snow and it's still coming down.  Our son in Nashville has 6" and since our weather comes from that direction, we could be in for more.  Thankfully my Tuesday meeting has been cancelled and I'm hoping the Wednesday one will be cancelled, as well.  More time in the sewing room!

So how have I taken advantage of the situation?  Well, I took another look at my plan for Strippy Stars in my last post.  I just wasn't happy with the orangey-gold of the strippy strips.  It just didn't seem to go with the floral borders, in spite of the fact that they came from the same piece of fabric.  So I decided to use the border print throughout instead, and I'm much happier with the look.


I will need to make seven more stars to make it long enough for WOWE.  

5 comments:

  1. Happy Snow Day! We're going on Day 3 or 4 - I've lost count. I love your adjustment to the Strippy Stars! The floral fabric is really pretty, and the yellow/gold triangles around your stars coordinates with it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got more than us we are still dealing with the really cold temperatures though,sure will be glad when that is out of here in a couple days

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely winter isn't it. I like the border print with the stars, very pretty! Hope you get in lots of stitching time. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that border print! Hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sashing/border print is gorgeous--really highlights the blocks. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.