Sunday, January 14, 2024

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Expecting the possibility of freezing rain on Friday morning, we packed our heavy stuff out Thursday night so I didn't have a chance to photograph my progress till I got home.  I spent all day Thursday working on 1863.


I finished all the block centers then started planning the twelve HSTs that surround the centers.  I cut lots of strips and was able to get two blocks complete before we started packing up.


My original plan was to use a light blue-gray for the zig-zag setting but I'm having second thoughts.  It will be a while before I can get back to this project; however, I'm putting it high on my priority list because I really like what's happening.

Once home, I put Strippy Stars up on the design wall.


I think if I make a few more stars and add the dark green strips it will be big enough to donate to WOWE.  I'm hoping to have time between meetings this week to get those stars made and strips cut.  

Apologies to recent commenters for not responding; cell/WiFi service was not the best. 
 I'll try to catch up later today.


5 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see what you do choose for the zigzag on 1863. The dark fabric (black?) used in the cover quilt seems too dark to me. Hope you had a great time at your retreat and avoided the freezing rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lighter fabric for the zigzag in 1863 would be pretty. I really have to look to see the pretty blocks in the pattern photo. Glad you had a productive retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had to cut the retreat short. Weather can be such a dismal thing. Love both projects you are working on. Maybe your meetings will be canceled and you'll have more time to stitch. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have any issues driving home? Strippy Stars is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know the name of the 1863 block? I've tried to find it Brackman but can't--Sister's Choice but also Square in Square.... Wise decision to get on the road sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.